Below is the general procedure to register a new company and start business in Japan. You may be required some other procedures, depending on what business you are starting. If you are already residing in Japan, you can start from 2.
You’ll need support from several experts (see this page).
1. Visit Japan with a Short-term Visa (supported by Visa Lawyer)
2. Consultation and Business Research in Japan (supported by Business Consultant)
3. Find the Office to Register the Company (supported by Real Estate agent)
4. Register the New Company (supported by Registration Lawyer)
5. Apply for Business Visa (supported by Visa Lawyer)
6. Report to Tax Office and Labor Office (supported by Tax Accountant / Social Insurance Consultant)
For information about general fees for these experts, see this page.